A luxurious interior room design does not mean that you need to fill every space with expensive furniture and decorations. Often, you get better results from balancing luxury and simplicity. If you’re not sure how to do this, the following tips should help.
Choose a Couple of Attention-Grabbing Items Per Room
You don’t need a lot of items to make a room luxurious. One or two attention-grabbing items will stand out in an otherwise minimalistic room. Some options include:
- A piece of hanging art or sculpture from a local artist.
- A cherished family memento that has been handed down from generation to generation.
- Something truly unique that you found at a yard sale or antique store.
- An award you won for doing something special.
- Beautiful frames for pictures of your family and friends.
- An original lamp that provides light and adds style to your room.
Anything that looks or feels important to you can work. Find an item that appeals to you and make it the focal point of the room.
Declutter Your Rooms Often
Interior design doesn’t have room for unnecessary clutter. Unfortunately, spending a lot of time at home often means that items pile up. The book you finished last week still sits on your table. The shoes you wore to the grocery store yesterday still rest by the front door. The mound of documents that you brought home from the office doesn’t have a place of its own. It can start to feel overwhelming.
Some helpful tips for decluttering your home include:
- Starting with 5-minute cleaning sessions that accomplish small tasks without making you feel overwhelmed by your larger goals.
- Removing one or two unneeded items from your home each day.
- Labeling four boxes for items that you want to throw out, give away, keep, or relocate.
- Looking at your home as if it’s the first time—you won’t believe how much clutter becomes obvious when you look at a room with “fresh eyes.”
- Taking “before” and “after” photos to stay motivated.
Add Hidden Storage to Keep Rooms Organized
Hidden storage gives you a great way to keep a room’s design simple without forcing you to get rid of the things you love. You can add storage to your home with:
- Storage chests that double as living room tables.
- Ottomans that have empty interiors.
- Beds with built-in drawers.
- Stairs that double as storage drawers.
- Hanging mirrors that open to reveal small shelves.
Most furniture stores can help you find designs that include storage space. If you’re handy, you can add storage space to your home by following online tutorials. As long as you get items out of view, you will take a big step toward balancing luxury and simplicity.
Take Advantage of Mirrors
People have used mirrors for centuries, but they haven’t always been nearly as common and affordable as they are today. Instead of taking mirrors for granted, find a couple of unique designs that serve as useful focal points in your home.
Once you start looking for exciting mirrors, you will find a wealth of options. They don’t even have to cost a lot of money. The flashy Peruvian Wall Mirror designed by Amber Uhl costs less than $100. The oddly shaped Zara Home Large Irregular Mirror by Carrie Carrollo looks like a puddle floating on the wall.
Even if you prefer regular mirrors, you can use them to make small rooms feel expansive, amplify a light’s beauty, or use their reflective surfaces to draw attention to luxurious items placed nearby.
Never Forget the Luxury of Comfort
Luxury does not mean that you have to sacrifice comfort. A list of 2020’s best sectional sofas proves that. The Sactional by Lovesac lets you choose from hundreds of fabrics to get the precise look that you want for your room. Joybird’s Bryant “L” Sectional has plush, modular pieces that you can arrange to match your needs.
You don’t even have to spend a lot of money adding comfort and luxury to your living room. IKEA’s LANDSKRONA Sectional has a modern aesthetic and offers plenty of support, but it only costs about $1,400.
Luxury and simplicity often go hand-in-hand. As long as you choose a few items that you love, your home will always look amazing.
The post Interior Room Design: How You Can Balance Luxury and Simplicity in Your Home appeared first on Home Business Magazine.